Imagine, one day when you arrive at your office, or home office, you find that your printer does not want to cooperate when you simply must print that important document. There are many different things that can go wrong with electronic devices full of tiny, moving parts. Thankfully, there are some basic steps that you can take before you make that call to the printer maintenance hotline.
- Confirm that your printer is powered on. You can usually find an indicator light that will verify this for you.
- If you do not see a light then check to see that the printer is connected to a power source. Follow the cable, insuring a proper connection to the back of the printer, as well as the connection to the wall socket.
- If you still do not see any indication of power then it is probably a problem that would be best addressed by a printer technician. You can contact the printer’s manufacturer for further instructions.
- If you do have an indicator light and are still experiencing no response after a print command, check to ensure that your cables are correctly installed.
- You should have a data cable as well as a power cable. The data cable can be either USB or a parallel cable. Make sure both cables (4 ends) are all securely attached.
- If you have a flashing light, and all of the above have been checked, the likely culprit is a paper jam, low ink warning or no paper warning. It is also possible that the flashing light could indicate a more serious problem.
- Check your owner’s manual or visit the manufacture’s website for a copy if the light does not give you a clear explanation of the problem.
- The flashing light could mean a paper jam or an empty feed tray. First verify the status of the paper supply, then, if you are comfortable, proceed to check the inner workings for jammed paper.
- If the indicator light is still not resolved, there may be an additional piece of paper that cannot be seen easily.
- If the error light is related to a problem with your printer cartridge, you can try uninstalling the cartridge and then visually inspecting it and if it appears to be in working order, then reinstalling the cartridge.
- Additionally, most printer software programs have a supply manager that can verify properly functioning printer cartridges.
At Eezytrade, we want to be your source for helpful information as well as the source for the best way to shop for replacement printer cartridges. Our cartridges are available at the best possible price with no additional charges for VAT, packaging or postage.
Contact us and try our service and we promise you will never look elsewhere for your printer cartridge needs.